Your individual treatment plan may include any or all of the following physiotherapy techniques:Book now
Exercise and rehabilitation
We’ll create a personalised exercise programme to:
- treat and manage your current condition, and address any underlying causes
- prevent and reduce the risk of re-injury, and stop your condition from getting worse.
- improve your movement, strength, and flexibility, and reduce any pain
We’ll adjust your programme over the course of your treatment, depending on your needs and your level of ability and function.
Our physiotherapist may use use soft tissue massage and joint mobilisation, alongside other treatment options, to help your recovery and rehabilitation.
Manual therapy can help:
- relieve pain and stiffness
- improve blood circulation
- help fluid drain more efficiently from parts of the body
- improve the movement of different parts of the body
- promote relaxation
Manual therapy can be used to treat specific problems, such as back, neck or shoulder pain. It can also be useful for a range of other conditions that don’t affect the bones, joints or muscles.
Our physiotherapists are qualified to deliver acupuncture safely and effectively in our clinics. They may use acupuncture alongside other types of treatment to help reduce pain and promote recovery.
Western medical acupuncture (dry needling) is the use of acupuncture following a medical diagnosis. It involves stimulating sensory nerves under the skin and in the muscles.
This results in the body producing natural substances, such as pain-relieving endorphins. It’s likely that these naturally released substances are responsible for the beneficial effects experienced with acupuncture.
Education and advice
One of the main aspects of physiotherapy involves looking at the body as a whole, rather than focusing on the individual features of an injury.
Our physiotherapists will offer a range of education and advice to make sure you understand your condition, and how to manage it. Your management plan might include advice on:
- Workstation set-up and your posture
- Lifestyle, exercise and weight management
- Biomechanics and footwear
- Pain management strategies
- How to self manage your condition
Ready to book?
Book an appointment?